Thursday, September 16, 2010

DIY: Create your Own Art Gallery

If you missed my Ezine that went out yesterday... here's the scoop!  The info is too
good to fly under the radar...(So you don't miss out next time, sign up here
for frequent design inspiration and decorating tips).



We've all seen the restaurants that have their walls covered with celebrities who have dined there... the Carnegie Deli in NYC was no exception. Photos everywhere!


During my last two design consultations, we have addressed a similar issue:
Where can I display our family photos?

My answer is to create a Wall Photo Gallery...
of course, with a twist!

Here's how:



Find a Space- I am not a huge fan of lining the frames up the stair case wall,
but rather grouping photos together in similar frames to create a focal point.
The idea is to create an "art gallery" look by leaving a very small space between each piece.



Think out of the Box- There are so many configurations to arrange
 your photographs. If you have a narrow wall, use the vertical space and
hang two linear rows of four leaving just a few feet off the ground.

I also love to incorporate ledges in my galleries to prop
some frames as well as overlap to create dimension.

Here is a great resource for you!


and more...




 
Avoid mistakes!- We all do it, but try this next time to avoid hole patching!
Play with your arrangement on the wall by formatting the look with craft paper
and painters tape. Keep moving it until you get the look you want.






If you need a hand, I have two resources for you:
Me... for creative ideas to display your precious memories
and my art installer... who can hang them correctly the first time!



My Favorite "Foto" Look!



 

Number One Perk: The photos are mounted on foam board and can be easily switched out.

Number Two Perk: The art piece can be customized to your design style and room.

 

What a statement!

Until next time,
Traci

Images via* Moi, (missing resources for the other great photos and awesome photo poster... if you have them, send to me!)



1 comment

Powered by Blogger.