Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spend your cash on your Backsplash!



I'm headed to work on another backsplash with my client, A & W, this morning, so I thought I'd share the love.  Most homeowners can choose the cabinetry and hardware, countertops and even flooring but get stuck when it comes to the walls.  I can totally understand because there are so many tile options to choose from!

Here are some pictures of the design phase of another one of my projects in progress... I was asked by a local granite and tile showroom to design their backsplashes for their display samples and I felt like a kid in a candy store!  What? Design what I want with no regard to budget!  I like it!

Glass and metal- ooh la la

One of my favorite Emser metallic products on the bottom


Check out the copper with the natural stone

I'll be sure to show you when it is finished!  Two sides are up
with only the middle section to complete... hurry up, Traci!

When thinking about your backsplash project, skip the granite inserts... overdone.  Look to combining glass with metal, stone with glass... you get it.  A little bit goes a long way-


One of my best money saving tips- add nailhead instead of costly inserts
(also note the beveled edge on the tile:)


Vary the size of your tile... go smaller!


Modern look- love the linear tile

Just in case you really want to be inspired, here are some cool tile styles from Mercury Mosaics-








I'll post pictures when the projects are complete!

PS... The Bachelor chose my favorite light fixture:)

Until next time,

Traci

Images via: Moi, Mercury Mosaics, web

3 comments

  1. OOOhhhhhhh, what a great assignment! No budget and able to choose any tile - sign me up! I love the nailheads by the way; that is so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Traci... nailhead is a good money saving tip:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was beyond thrilled when I found affordable glass subway tile to use in our kitchen makeover last year....you're right, the backsplash is the showstopper!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.