Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lighting the Way for The Bachelor!



    
I'm not sure if I was the gold crackle or the sparkly prisms that caught my eye, but this beauty sure did!
    
While shopping for light fixtures for my client, The Bachelor, I had to snap a photo of this gem (unfortunately, not for his dining room, but hopefully for future client!).  I love the art deco shape and the fact it is so unique.... ahhh.

The Bachelor has traditional taste, a bit Old World, so I wanted to find something a bit masculine, heavy enough to pull off the look and not a typical chandelier!  How about this for a start?  Or perhaps the larger version?     



       
                                                                             
                                                                      
I'll see him tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed! Here are some guidelines when selecting and hanging your new chandelier:

In general, the height of the main source of light should be 30"-36" above the table. There should be a minimum of 150 watts total in the chandelier. You should also consider the room size when choosing your chandelier .



  • 10' x 10' rooms should use a chandelier with a 17"-20" diameter


  • 12' x 12' rooms should use a chandelier with a 20"-16" diameter


  • 14' x 14' rooms should use a chandelier with a 24"-30" diameter
Light fixtures remind me of jewelry... so many options, some with more bling than others- check out a few that I love love love!

Naturally called, Simplicity... classic lines


Ashbury Silver- I have a thing for drum shades


Aston Court- Combines the drum shade with harlequin pattern... can't get any better


My fav- Candice Olson


Youngstown- Elegant with a touch of crystal


Ohhh... the Olivia- stunning!


A twist on Rustic
                                                                       
Which is your favorite? Look for a future post on pendant lighting... talk about jewelry...wow!  I'll let you know what The Bachelor says~

Until next time,
Traci


Images via: Uttermost, Bellacor, Lamps Plus and Moi


                                                                          

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.